Cornwall Census and Population
|June 7, 1841||on-line FreeCen|
|March 30, 1851||on-line FreeCen|
|April 7, 1861||on-line FreeCen|
|April 2, 1871||on-line FreeCen|
|April 3, 1881||on-line FreeCen|
|April 5, 1891||on-line FreeCen|
|March 31, 1901||on-line Ancestry.co.uk|
|April 2, 1911||on-line Ancestry.co.uk|
Penryn Census 1801 to 1831
|Houses being built||?||2||0||12|
|Families employed in agriculture||-||77||88||88|
|Families employed in trade, manufacture, or handicraft||-||238||352||361|
|All other families||-||259||224||275|
I recommend using Freecen for Cornwall census searches. Freecen has the complete set from 1841 to 1891. These records were transcribed independently and the quality of the transcriptions is higher than those on other websites. If you are having problems finding your ancestor on one of the paid websites, try Freecen.
- Historical Cornwall Population statistics
- Common Cornwall Forenames and Surnames
- Common Penryn Forenames and Surnames
The following websites have a complete set of the census online:
- The population in 1086 (from Domesday Book) is estimated to be about 171.
- In the 1377 Poll tax there are 186 assessed persons in Penryn from which a total population of 279 is derived.
- The population in 1644 is estimated to be 2,000.